* FAQ   * Search
 * Register  * Login

Grumpier Old Men

"I don't believe it !" - Victor M.
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
 Post subject: Re: The Exit Begins?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:42 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:08 am 

So, we've now seen the first time in History that a Government has been held to be in Contempt of Parliament, but I have to say that consequences seem to be pretty minimal for them, except it looked like the Attorney General was about to spontaneously combust when the result of the vote came in.

Video ;

https://youtu.be/XJg6FiIeofA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:25 pm 

Legal advise is just that. Advise. If there was no such thing as legal argument the lawyers would all be out of work!

The Law is aways open to interpretation and dispute so I suggest there could be a way out of the Withdrawal agreement backstop if push came to shove despite what the Attorney General says.

Edward Bulwer- Lytton 1839 historical play - Cardinal Richelieu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:33 pm 

There seems to be a rising clamour for a second referendum. The vote in Parliament for Theresa May's Withdrawal Agreement looks set to fail and if it does the arguments for and against a second referendum become more viable. I am not so much bothered about another "people's vote" as such but there is a drift towards a call for a three option ballot - and it would look like this:

1) The present W/D agreement (or some other deal already offered by the E.U.)
2) No deal
2 )No Brexit

This looks to me like a "remainer's dream". With two possible Brexit outcomes and a single remain outcome it would effectively split the "leave" vote. It is possible that the combined "leave" votes would significantly outnumber the "remain" vote but the result would be that Brexit is cancelled.

That would be a travesty and must not be allowed to happen. :evil:

Supposedly a STV system could be used but it does rather complicate things.

Only a binary question should be allowed - unless there is a third vote, and I can imagine how popular that would be amongst the General Public who have already given MPs the clearest mandate... LEAVE. !

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:31 am 

Apparently the most googled question this week was 'Where can I buy a yellow hi viz jacket?'.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:58 am 

Rudolf Hart wrote:
Apparently the most googled question this week was 'Where can I buy a yellow hi viz jacket?'.

They are available sale or return from Rent-a-mob.

I can't help wondering if the morons who trashed the museum, defaced the Arc de Triomphe and set fire to over 100 cars were hired to divide and rule the genuine protestors. Genuine French people just wouldn't do this sort of thing to their National monuments.... then again, with so many immigrants, who can say WHO the French really are any more??

Reminds me of somewhere...oh yes...here! :cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33